What are best tools to help freelancers?

Originally Answered: what are best tools to help freelancers?
Hi! I’ve been freelancing for 4 years now, full time for 2 years. I’ll tell you a few of the tools that are the most helpful for me…
The ones everyone recommends and are awesome:
  • G Suite. $5 per month. Email on your own domain (instead of using a “@ gmail.com” address). I use Google Docs for almost all my writing and Google Drive for all my files. I also use Sheets for reporting and tracking my metrics.
  • Dropbox. Some companies use Dropbox for everything so you’ll need an account. The free account is enough for most people.
  • Trello. For project management. Can also be used to collaborate and work through the steps of a project with a client.
  • Paypal. Get a business account. It’s good for moving money around, especially across borders.
  • Wave Apps. For accounting. Also has a free invoicing service. They take a percentage of the fee if you use it, similar to PayPal. Which is totally worth it because it lets people pay with credit or debit cards.
Here are a few that you might not have heard of that I absolutely love…
  • Free Email Tracker. This is a Chrome extension that adds tracking to all my outbound emails. Awesome because I can see if my messages to clients have been opened.
  • FocusMate. This is a community of people more than a tool. But basically, it’s online co-working service. It’s the best thing I’ve found to blast procrastination.
  • Focus@Will. Music that’s scientifically optimized to make you more productive. When I’m writing, this is what I listen to (I’m listening to it even as I write this actually).
  • Free Screencast Recording for Gmail. Sometimes I have a complex problem or conversation I need to talk through with a client. Instead of writing a long email, I record a voice over video showing my screen. This saves me tons of time.
I hope that helps. Best of luck!

Comments

Popular Posts